Given the high technical level of issues discussed on this list, I feel stupid asking this question, but I'm stuck so I'm going to ask anyway! :-)

I'm new to Framemaker, and I have been learning it to create the third edition of my book. On the second edition, the publisher did all the production work, so I wrote the whole text (100,000 words) as a single, large Word document, using Word Tables, Heading markers, etc. I've imported that original document into Framemaker, and everything came in surprisingly well--tables came in in tact, headings came in etc.

However, there is one problem--all the headings are coming in with an asterisk in front of them (*Heading1) which I guess means the paragraph format is overridden, and the overridden *Heading markers won't show up at all in the TOC. When I imported the document, I selected "Reformat Using Current Document's Formats" and selected "While Importing, Remove Other Format Overrides", but the overrides are still there.

As a test, I went through and manually selected a couple headings to remove the format overrides, and with that everything showed up in the TOC properly, etc. But there are hundreds of heading markings throughout the book, and I really don't want to change them all manually. Is there a way to globally remove all the overrides, while leaving the heading markings intact?

I searched the help file and the manual but couldn't figure out how to do this. Thanks!

John