Janice,

You wrote:

Thanks, Shlomo. I now understand it better now, and I think my department is fine with it opening to the top of the page at this time. However, when I changed the Reference Page from: gotopage <$relfilename>:<$pagenum> to gotoObjectId <$relfilename>:<$ObjectType> <$ObjectId>, it didn't seem to work. Did I do something wrong?

The
gotoObjectId <$relfilename>:<$ObjectType> <$ObjectId>
syntax is correct.

openObjectId <$relfilename>:<$ObjectType> <$ObjectId>
will do the same when going from FM to PDF.

When editing the reference page, make sure to have View > Text Symbols turned on. Also, make sure you edit the "right" *ActiveLOF paragraph (in some templates, there is more than one instance, only one of which is active). If you cannot figure out what is wrong, please send me the LOF file.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants