I've just run into a boggling problem with table titles. Whenever the paragraph tag that I use for table titles has the flush left property, the text rect for the table title becomes as wide as the whole column, even if the table is much narrower. If I change the property of the title tag to quad center, then the title text rect resizes with the table. But I want my table titles flush left.

I've used FrameMaker for many years and don't remember having this problem. But now it's pervasive. It occurs even in a brand-new file that I create using FrameMaker's generic "Portrait" option.

It's a big problem, because of course I want my titles to be only the width of the table, and I can find no way to resize that title text rect. Am I crazy? Or have I just forgotten something obvious?

Thanks

Rhea