At 10:08 -0600 30/3/07, Eason, David wrote:

>The entire civilized, English-speaking world calls the background text or
>image on a page a "watermark"--but apparently not Adobe. I looked in the
>index. I looked in the table of contents. I looked in the online help. I did a
>search for the term "watermark."  Using the manual was an exercise in
>futility, but because I had not started out with high hopes for success in the
>first place, I ended up frustrated but not disappointed.

It gets better than that. In Acrobat, you can impose... er, overlay... er...
mix in another PDF, typically containing a watermark. Acrobat allows you to
insert the mixed-in image below the page contents of the current document,
which it calls a 'background', or on top of the contents of the current page,
which it calls a... 'watermark'. Uh?

--
Steve