Hello Framers,

We have books with different text frames for left and right master pages (in order to leave more space in the gutter than on the outside). When you insert a graphics frame for an illustration it references the page, not the text frame. The result is that if the pagination shifts, as it often does as you insert new graphics or futz with the text, the graphics frames are often off-center since they are getting their coordinates from the page, not the text frame, which has moved.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

(It seems to contradict the very principle from which Framemaker gets its name!)

While I'm at it, it is annoying and time-consuming to have to set run- around properties separately every time a graphics frame is inserted. Shouldn't there be a Preference for "Always Run-around Bounding Box"?

(Mac FM 7.0, I'm on digest)

Thanks!

James Monaco            212 777 5463
UNET 2 Corporation              212 777 5534 (fax)
80 East 11th Street             800 269 6422 (sales)
New York NY 10003               http://UNET.net     http://HEPDigital.com