Judie Vegh wrote:
Hello Framers!
I've recently been updating FrameMaker books that have been handed down
to me. At the end of some chapters, there is a blank page. To rid the
book of these blank pages, I select Format > Page Layout > Pagination,
and then Delete Empty Pages in the "Before Saving & Printing" drop-down
select list. However, once I update the book, the empty page is
regenerated. Why is this?

Most likely because you have the following chapter set to start on a right hand page, and the content of the previous chapter ends on a right hand page. The blank page must be inserted so there will be a left hand page between them.

It's also possible that the last page is not in fact blank. If it has even an empty pgf mark or end-of-flow mark, it will not be deleted. Nor if it has a custom master page applied will it be deleted.

Is there a problem with the template, or is FrameMaker notorious for
generating blank pages after updating?

FrameMaker is famous for doing exactly what it's told ;-)

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com