From: John Posada [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:08 PM
To: Van Boening, Tammy; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Getting something ignored during spell checking

Tammy...you don't have to go through that series of menu selections to
pick a variable.

>From your keyboard, enter <CTRL> 0 to display the available variables in
the bottom space of your FM document..you can scroll thrtough the list
with your cursor keys.

Enter <CTRL> 0 <L> <Enter> where <L> would be the defined letter of the
variable and 0 is the zero character, not the alpha  character.

Note...you have to create these variables first. so, create a variable
named X for .xml file and a variable named P for PDF, etc, then type:

<CTRL> 0 X <Enter> to enter the variable string ".XML file" or <CTRL> 0
P <Enter> for the variable string ".PDF file" in the text.

> turned on, I still find that I have extra spaces every now and then
> which is freaky to me, but . . .) I don't want to make this file type
> a variable because Special > Variable > Insert is a lot more time
> consuming than just rapidly typing ".xml file" - (believe me, as many
> times as this is used in this guide, a variable is not the way to go.)

Actualy, because it is used so much makes a variable THE way to go.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"They say everyone needs goals. Mine is to live forever.
So far, so good."