Furia,

You wrote:

> Only a warning.

> After the install of the 8.1 upgrade of Acrobat Professional, FrameMaker (7.0 and 7.2)
> reports that it can't print a PS file and doesn't save as PDF.
> I did a uninstall and a new installation (without the upgrade) and now all is ok.

This is likely related to a problem which started with Acrobat 5:
the FILE: port is sometimes deleted mysteriously as part of installing/upgrading Acrobat.

I encountered it myself several times -- with different computers and various Acrobat versions.

For the benefit of others who may encounter the same problem when installing/upgrading Acrobat: if the FILE: port has to be recreated, the steps to be taken are listed at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=331115

[ A new behavior of Distiller 8.1 is that it blocks all file operations by default. Users of FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers add-on, which relies on Distiller's access to external files, will have to set-up Distiller 8.1 so that it can access files, as described in http://www.microtype.com/timesavers.html ]

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants