If you want to see an ambitious project, browse through
http://www.saintjohnsbible.org/. In the public TV documentary, I
recall that it took a heck of a long time, a lot of gifted folks
working a lot of hours, days, years, and a bunch of bucks to produce
the original replica. Somewhere along the line it's been published to
pages, but I don't think they used an EDD<G>.

Good wishes and luck to Bodvar!