Is there any way to place an anchored frame in the center of a multi-column page? I use the two-cell table method for placing graphics and captions. The graphic is in the top cell and the caption in the bottom cell. It works great in-column, but I'd like to place a 1-column wide graphic and caption in the middle of a two-column page, so that the anchored frame partially overlaps each of the two columns. And I want the text in each column to run around the anchored frame. Does anyone know a way to do this?

The closest I've been able to come is to draw a text box in the center of the page, and place the table inside. It looks great, and runaround works as desired, but since the text frame is disconnected from the main flow, the figure numbering doesn't increment properly.

Mike Wickham