While reviewing the prepress proofs for a document, I noted that tables on the
right-hand pages in some 2-page files of a book were placed lower than matching
tables on the left-hand page. In checking the FrameMaker documents, I noted
that the same paragraph tag had been used to anchor the tables on the
right-hand page and the left-hand page. However, according to the paragraph
menu, the tag on the right-hand page had been overwritten with a different font
and larger point size, and the line spacing had been changed. This tag was also
starred in the status bar, indicating that it had been overidden manually. The
font and point size were not used anywhere else in the book.

Could this have been a FrameMaker or a Windows glitch? The changes are sporadic
so it was not a case of copying and pasting from one file to another.
Furthermore, I can't imagine having been so irresponsible as to have manually
overridden so many paragraph tags in that way. Any assistance with solving this
mystery would be appreciated.

I am using FrameMaker 7.0 on a Windows XP Pro operating system.

Howard Rauch

Technology Transfer, Inc.
"Linking Creators and Users of Technology"
933 North 18th Street
Manitowoc WI 54220
Office: 920-682-1528
Cell: 920-629-0080