Theresa de Valence wrote:
Hello Framers,

I need to paste my portions of a book into Access which is unhappy about
smart quotes. Could anyone tell me how to search/replace those smart
quotes as regular quotes?

Theresa,

In the Find dialog box, search for \` and replace with \g
and search for \' and replace with \g

The backslash plus grave accent finds smart left quotes, and the backslash plus apostrophe finds smart right quotes. The backslash g is a non-smart (stupid?) regular double quote.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"On the contrary."
-- Henrik Ibsen (last words, after a nurse said he "seemed a little better.")