In my company there are four manuals that have several chapters that are almost identical. I created four separate book files (one for each manual), with some of the chapters unique to each book, and some chapters shared between the four books. In the shared chapters, I use conditional text for each manual to mark the differences between the manuals.

One thing I like is that I can condition an entire table as manual A and manual B (by conditionalizing the table marker), then mark one row as manual A and a different row as manual B, and the table appears in both manuals, with the appropriate rows displayed.

Two things I don't like:
1. When I conditionalize a table marker, it's very hard to see the conditional indicator. 2. When I conditionalize a table row, I can search for the row by search for that conditional text type. To me, that is a big drawback, and I often end up conditionalizing the text in the row instead of the table row, which is more time consuming.

Regards,
Shmuel Wolfson
052-763-7133

David Valiulis wrote:
Greetings,

Here at Adobe we're looking for real-world uses of conditional text.
We'd be very interested in a summary of some of the interesting uses out
there, including the condition tags you've defined and the output
desired. We'd also like to hear of any limitations you've encountered in
either Frame 7 or Frame 8.

For example, you might say...
"I work on a doc set that must output to print and to the web in two
different versions, Mac and Windows. We've set up 6 conditions:
WinPrint, WinWeb, WinBoth, MacPrint, MacWeb, and MacBoth."

Many thanks.

/dave valiulis
Adobe systems