As the question relates to a document with continuous numbering I think that the overall book should be updated first in order to get the page numbers correct. Then the section TOCs can be updated. If a section is done first how can it take into account page count changes in front of it?

...Chris

From: "Art Campbell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Flo Flosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Section TOCs
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:28:03 -0500

Create small additional books containing the component files for each section.

Set up your section TOC and generate it.

In your parent book, add the section TOC in the appropriate spot.

When you update, remember that you have to update the section
"booklets" first so the TOC will be accurate.
You could automate this with FrameScript if you have it.

Art

Art Campbell
No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358