Without knowing more about your environment, I would try Bruce
Foster's Archive plugin to collect and submit files. It would be an
easy way to make things work, and make the process simple. The plugin
will resolve cross-refs and also set up a common directory structure
that you can easily import.

On your side, you'd just put the archives in place in a common
directory and they should all just work. And if you send files back,
you can use Archive to create a single-file archive from your
environment.

Art

Art Campbell
                                                      No disclaimers apply.