One of the qualities of this list that I have always considered important was
that it was devoted to the best ways for using FrameMaker whether for solving
problems or evaluating its use. I have subscribed to other lists and
discontinued them because so many of the participants were pushing their own
personal agendas (I call them "whiners") as opposed to the purpose of the list.

I have personally noted that a few have been pursuing the green agenda as of
late (myself included) whether pro-green or anti-green. The questionnaire about
printing user manuals itself promoted neither agenda, but (1) it has promoted a
good deal of controversial responses on both sides of the green issue and (2)
it was not really a FrameMaker issue.

My point is this: When any of us submit anything to the FrameMaker list, let's
make sure it deals with the use of FrameMaker and not with personal issues.

Howard Rauch

Technology Transfer, Inc.
"Linking Creators and Users of Technology"
933 North 18th Street
Manitowoc WI 54220
Office: 920-682-1528
Cell: 920-629-0080