Garnier Garnier wrote:
> Hello Listers,
>
> I am about to explore DocBook. I am sure some of the listers must be using it
> or have used it in the past. Could you please share your experience? Went
> through some of the details over the net and it seems a good tool to switch
> to but involves a very deep learning curve. Is there any plug-in available to
> make things easier? I need to know this as some of the writers are not keen
> to learn XML and would rather click buttons that would take care of what they
> want to generate. The company will definitely not invest in training nor am I
> aware of any institute/entity in India that imparts training in DocBook.
>
> When I start exploring I will definitely join the DocBook user forum. Am
> writing to this list as I need some firsthand information about the tool.
>
> Any kind of related information is welcome.
>
> TIA
> B/R
> Garnier

Two or three years ago, I created huge EDDs for DocBook 4.12, 4.5, and
5. Of the three DB 5 is a little incomplete because a few items were
missing in the DTD file that the DocBook people assembled. Still, a
helluva lot could be done with the almost-intact DB 5. [I read somewhere
in the minutes of a meeting several months ago that the editor involved
with DB 5 might complete that DTD...]

But with the advent of DB 5, the DTD version is nonnormative.

Gary