Hi, everyone.

My List of Figures includes a caption that is very long. (Engineers feel a need
to write an entire encyclopedia entry in each caption, and I haven't been able
to dissuade them.)

I put soft returns in the actual caption in the text, so that is broken like
this:

Simplified Equivalent Circuits of a Dielectric, Showing the
 Various Parameters of Current as a Function of Test Voltage
(Parallel R/C Network)

It shows up in the List of Figures like this (should align correctly if your
email is set to Plain Text):

Figure 1.6   Blah blah blah . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . 1-8

Figure 1.7   Simplified Equivalent Circuits of a Dielectric, Showing the
                   Various Parameters of Current as a Function of Test Voltage
                   (Parallel R/C Network)>1-9

I've checked on the Reference page. Both figure 1.6 and 1.7 above use the same
reference page entry. No other tab interferes with the proper placement of the
page number. So why doesn't 1-9 appear under 1-8?

Is this such an old problem that I've forgotten the solution? I know I've
encountered it before -- but I also know that other figure titles with soft
returns in them have worked just fine. I don't know what's wrong with this one.

Thanks for your help.

--Nancy