When you have a file open, on the upper right corner of the screen by the
min/max/close icons, don't you have a pull-down menu? Probably says Default?

If you do, just set up your workspace the way you want it, pull down the
menu and select Save Workspace....

Art Campbell
         art.campb...@gmail.com
 "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a
redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                     No disclaimers apply.
                                                              DoD 358