Hello all,

A client is working in a custom XML tagset, Frame 7.2. They have asked how they
can have more than one reference to the same footnote. I have tried any number
of things with no luck. My first thought was they could set up a cross-ref
format pointing to the elemnum or paranum of the <footnote> element that would
give them the number of the footnote, but that has not worked. The issue is
that the method by which Frame assigns numbering is built into the
Footnote-type element of the EDD; it doesn't use numbering building blocks and
so I cannot figure out how to "get at" that number to pull it into the
cross-ref. I also tried assigning a static number in an "id" attribute (just to
see if it would work) and pulling that into the cross-ref but that has not
worked either. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to accomplish this? The
solution obviously needs to ensure that the cross-ref number is dynamic,
changing according to the number of the corresponding footnote.

Thanks,
Leigh

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390710/direct/01/