Is it true that nDesign supports VB scripting?  Is the handling of a document
model any better than that for Word?  What I mean is, in Maker you can us the
API to get all the text items in a paragraph, and that breaks the pgf into all
the char format changes, all the table anchors, aframe anchors, xrefs, etc.
Trying to get that kind of detail about your content in Word is miserabl, as
far as I can tell.  So the question is (yes, on the surface this is off topic),
how does Indesign expose its content to VB?  Does anybody have any experience?

And to get on topic, would it be reasonable to have a VB tool that can stuff ID
content into Maker (and vis-versa)?

cud