Thank you all for attempting to help me with my Windows 7 problem. I eventually
managed to create a pdf using the following procedure.

With the FM 9 doc open:
1. Select File > Print. The Print Document window opens.
2. Check Print to File box and change .prn to .ps.
3. Change Printer to Adobe PDF and click Setup. The Print Setup window opens.
4. Click Properties. The Adobe PDF Document Properties window opens.
5. Uncheck "Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts"
6. Click Print. Voila, pdf.

Seems to be working now. This list is a great resource. Even if the right
answer doesn't show up, the suggestions are always interesting and may be
useful in the future. Many thanks.

Emmy