Roger Shuttleworth wrote:

>No, you can have as many conditions active in a file (or book) as you wish
>(there's probably a theoretical maximum). It's just that handling multiple
>conditions becomes a nightmare when you get to more than three. One
>reason for this, but not the only one, is that FrameMaker shows any content
>that has two or more conditions with a magenta indicator colour.

That was only true of FrameMaker versions through 7.x.  As of FrameMaker 8.0,
text that has multiple conditions applied is displayed in a color that is the
average of the indicator colors for all of the conditions. No more magenta text
(unless you like magenta and define a condition to use it as the indicator
color). But the downside of this is that FrameMaker automatically adds to the
color catalog for the document a uniquely named (e.g. fm_gen_225319,
fm_gen_225320, etc.) color definition for each combination it encounters, even
if the combination is not unique. I've seen files with over 200 such
definitions in the color catalog.

-Fred Ridder