Two wild stabs at your problem:

1. I recall a time when I was getting no PDF generation. It turned out that in File> Preferences> General, I had Cross-Platform File Naming set to Macintosh on a Windows computer, and my file name was one character too long for the Mac 31-character (or whatever) limit. FM actually let me go through something like four dialog boxes toward creating the PDF, but gave me no clue while it was failing.

2. I also had problems with Acrobat X on Windows 7 64-bit. I was getting no PDFs. It turned out that Acrobat updates, both 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 were trashing the port setting for the Adobe PDF printer and setting it to COM1:! It was necessary to delete Adobe PDF printer and do a repair install to fix the issue.

Mike Wickham