The FormatList plugin from Squidds is great for this, but not cheap (49 Euro). It creates a table, with one row for each paragraph format and cells in the row for nearly all of the properties of each paragraph format. It's very handy, since it makes it easy to scan down a column to see, for example, the one paragraph format that has a typeface different than all the rest. It also creates tables for character formats, variables, and cross-references:

http://www.squidds.de/fileadmin/daten/finalyser/PDF/Pricelist_Orderform_FINALYSER_US_only_Nov2011_Squid_RZ_verteilt.pdf

I like FormatList a lot, but the Squidds site is hard to navigate, payment is difficult (no shopping cart), the price is a bit high, it's only one license (so no second copy on your laptop for travel) and there are no free upgrades when the FM version changes. And there's a bit of a language barrier, since the site is hosted by people who speak German natively. But FormatList is easier to use than the similar feature in Silicon Prairie's Paragraph Tools and Character Tools (which I would buy anyway for all the other great things they do). Those tools create a separate table for each paragraph style, so the result doesn't make it easy to compare all the styles in a document to see if, for example, the same serif typefaces are used throughout.

I do wish the FormatList plugin also made a table of table formats!