Hi

One of the long standing confusions I've had since using FrameMaker has
always been know which settings are adjusted in the book and which settings
are adjusted in the individual document. For instance I seem to remember
that if I tried to make a change to page numbering in a document within a
book I'd get a message reporting that there was a conflict of some sort.
(It's been a while since I did this so I may have that wrong.) Often if I
then made that change in the book it didn't seem to stick.

Is there a single list of those features that should be set in the book
rather than individual documents/chapters? I can understand that pages would
be set like this but I'm wondering if other aspects such as page size, etc.
that I should be considering at the start of the project. It seemed to me
before that it made things more difficult if I got this in the wrong order.

Andy

FrameMaker 10, Windows XP.