On 28/11/2012 5:25 AM, Rob Shell wrote:
Hi Framers:
A little more on my non clickable index entries problem.
I have recreated from scratch and regenerated my indexes one at a time.
Most of the indexes are clickable.
Those which do not click with< CTRL>< alt> reveal a little box which cannot
be copied saying

        !FrameMaker
        <ParagraphFormat>openObject ID ,My filename>: 998683

The last number is close to a million, but what this means I do not know.
It seems to be a valid "address"
Any clues?

Rob,

If you look at the .mif version of an .fm file, you will see text like this:

<Para
  <Unique 998295>
  <PgfTag `Title2'>
  <ParaLine
   <String `Application of Modern '>
   <Char HardReturn>
  > # end of ParaLine
  <ParaLine
   <String `Electrical Exploratory '>
  > # end of ParaLine

Each paragraph in your file is assigned a unique identifier, and even a very short file will use 6-digit id's. I believe that what you are seeing in the error message is the unique ID of the destination that your index item points to.

That's probably not very helpful in solving your problem, and I'm sorry I have no idea what the cause is. But perhaps it provides a clue.

Good luck,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator