On 11/21/2012 9:59 AM, Jim Owens wrote:
It seems Confluence 3.x and earlier used Confluence Wiki Markup format
for their pages. Beginning with 4.0, Atlassian  changed to the more
expressive Confluence Storage Format. Unfortunately, for importing, they
didn't add support for the new format. So:

- If you produce pages in Confluence Storage Format (the modified
XHTML), you can't import them to Confluence.
- If you produce pages in Confluence Wiki Format and try to add them to
Confluence 4.0 directly via API (as the sourceforge dita2wiki tool
does), they will not be accepted because of the format change.

Actually, this can be done. The API supports uploading of Wiki markup to a 4.0 server. That's how WebWorks ePublisher does it. We use the Confluence API with a deployment tool to upload the Confluence 3.x Wiki markup files to the server.

In case you are wondering, we developed the Confluence deployment tool as part of our original work to support the Confluence wiki.

Not sure about upload limits on the new storage format. I'm not aware that there are any limitations. Though Atlassian (Sarah) has stated people would like more documentation of the new storage format.

Ben Allums
Director of Engineering
all...@webworks.com