Rob Shell wrote:

> Subject: "Use Condition Indicators setting is inconsistent"
>
> Dear Framers:
> I would love to know what this message means.
> Has it something to do with conditional text? The capitalized noun
> would
> indicate no.

Why would the capitalization indicate no?

> (I do not use conditional text).
> Or does this refer to a condition which is set.

>From the online help (Home / Using FrameMaker 10 / Books and Long Documents /
>Interpreting error messages):

*Inconsistent Show/Hide Settings, Inconsistent Use Condition Indicators, or
Inconsistent Condition Indicator* The indicated file contains conditional text
settings that differ from those in the previous file in the book. You can make
the settings in each file the same (by using Special > Conditional Text) or you
can update the settings throughout the book at once. To do this, change the
settings in one file and then use File > Import > Formats to apply the settings
to the entire book.

> Could this be a toggle switch? And the condition is on or off
> The toggle for conditional text is very complicated, seems you have to
> go to
> Window to turn on the condition and then back to Special.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say here. In the help, have you
studied the subtopics in Home / Using FrameMaker 10 / Books and Long Documents
/ Conditional documents? The help may not be the best source of information
about FM (see the archives for recommended 3rd-party resources), but studying
that section should clarify this a bit for you.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom