Steve,

We used to set up a "giant" BACK hyperlink along the left or right margin of
the master pages of our documents.  This would allow us a BACK function from
anywhere we click on a hyperlink.  Just set up a background text frame with
hyperlink on the master page.  cntrl-alt-click will then work from the body
pages.

Best Regards,

Brad