I continue to have problems with hard crashes of FM11 involving the conditions
described below:
Framemaker 11 is crashing when I open a ditamap on the network and attempt to
SaveDitamapAs PDF or SaveAsPDF. This happens whether I am saving the PDF to the
network drive, the desktop or to the myDocuments folder on my C drive . It also
crashes if I try to save the ditamap as a composite FM document to any of these
locations. Opening a single .dita file and doing a SaveAs PDF does not  If I do
the same actions with the same collection of DITA files stored on my local
drive, the process is successful. Unfortunately, we have to work with our files
on the network. Additional information: I can successfully print a PDF of one
of the component dita files using File>Print from that network location. But if
I try to File>SaveAs > PDF with the  View Generated PDF in Acrobat option
checked. the process appears to proceed normally but concludes with a message
saying "There was an error opening this document. The file cannot be found."
Distiller reports "Empty Job. No PDF file produced." In these cases FM does not
crash. My IT guys don't find anything unusual with the permission settings of
the network location the DITA files are stored at, but clearly something is
upsetting Framemaker. All other functions to the network location work normally.
 I've sent many of the log files produced by these crashes to fmer...@adobe.com
Thanks for any insights.

 Craig