Brad,

I have found in the past that some anti-virus suites can be overzealous and serious affect printing. The worst offender is Microsoft Security Essentials, where printing FrameMaker documents that contain referenced PDF files takes a significantly long time.

You might want to try adding a process exclusion to your anti-virus product to ignore FrameMaker.exe, and AcroDist.exe too.

When I switched the antivirus product [from MS security to AVG professional] on the offending machine, printing those documents was achievable.

YMMV.

Regards
// Simon BUCH