Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of the responses to my query. The mystery has finally been
solved: The tool used was AutoBookmark by Evermap. Apparently the person
created the bookmarks in FrameMaker, then used AutoBookmark on the PDF side to
delete the bookmarks, recreate them and create named destinations for the "new"
bookmarks. AutoBookmark converts periods and spaces into underscores and
truncates names to 32 characters for HTML compatibility.

For the record -- I don't recommend this method since it introduces a lot of
post-processing work on the PDF side. But at least now I know how it was done.

Thanks,

Peggy