Ah, good input!

I will test thoroughly and see what happens ...

Thanks, Jeremy.

From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy H. Griffith
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:12 PM
To: 'framers@lists.frameusers.com'
Subject: Re: Anyone know of an FM to TeX "converter"

On Tue, 28 May 2013 13:57:12 -0700, "Syed Zaeem Hosain (syed.hos...@aeris.net)"
<syed.hos...@aeris.net> wrote:

>Interesting! They have a MIF to LaTeX converter ... if the original FM
>document used their la_temp templates ...
>
>I will have to see how much work might be involved in using the la_temp
>templates to change my existing FM files ...

Before you get too far into it, note this statement on the home page:

The testbed for these programs was FrameMaker version 3.2 on NEXTSTEP
3.3/OPENSTEP 4.2 (the latest version for this platform). The programs may work
on a wider variety of FrameMaker versions and platforms.

But I wouldn't count on it.  There were some major changes in 4.0 that pretty
much wiped earlier templates, when the text flows were separated from the
master pages...  ;-)

We've had maybe five requests for LaTEX... in the last ten years.  Not exactly
huge demand.  But you might see what you could do with our "Generic XML"
output, which can be tweaked to produce plain text and probably many more
non-XML formats.

  <jer...@omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/