Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 11:02:37 -0400
From: Jay Mahler <j...@mahler.com>
To: "framers@lists.frameusers.com" <framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: The Problem with Long Titles in Generated Lists

I'm sure you've all had the problem with TOCs, LOTs, LOFs, and even indexes. When the title reaches the end of the line (or too many index entries), the tab character that should position the page number at right aligned tab doesn't work, and the page number appears left justified on the second line with or without continued text. I've always gone through and manually fixed the issue by inserting soft returns after the lists are generated, but I have a client with a huge document and LOTs and LOFs that are 20 pages each. Has anyone figured out an automated way to fix this problem? My experiments haven't turned up a solution.

Also, since I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has asked this question, I wanted to search old posts and the archives. I can't figure out how to do that other than looking at each month manually. Is there a search tool available somewhere?

Jay Mahler