HI Lin,
We have a similar process, where we generate FM files from XML sources for our
chip register files. They are structured FM files. The functional specs for the
same book are unstructured files. We run FM in structured mode.
Auto cross ref's work as they should - assuming they have the right elements to
refer to.
The files exist together fine in the structured environment. I had to tweak the
headers on the Master pages to get the TOC right, but that works ok too.
If you already have the files in structured FM with all the links working, I
don't see why you can't have them co-exist with the unstructured files in FM.
The engineers can get used to structured FM. Maybe create a small training
session for them.
HTH,
Orly
________________________________
Orly Zimmerman, Marvell Israel - Technical Communicator
Park Azorim, Kyriat Arie
Petah Tikva, 49527, Israel
Email: or...@marvell.com<mailto:or...@marvell.com>
Office: +972.3.9703440 - OnNet: 705.3440
Fax: +972.3.9704908
Web site: http://www.marvell.com<http://www.marvell.com/>

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail
and delete the message from your computer.