At 14:42 +0000 15/1/15, Denis Daly wrote:

>Does anyone have any update on the following response, to a query I posted a
>couple of months ago?
>
>2: The response from an Adobe person here was that the Save as PDF using CMYK
>has a bug (that they have been able to reproduce). No fix indication yet.
>
>I am still unable to save a PDF using CMYK. It will save fine using RGB
>setting.

I can confirm this: at FrameMaker 12.0.3.424 I get ok results with RGB PDF, but
bizzarre ones with CMYK. What appears to be happening in the crude test I've
just run is that with CMYK selected a graphic in the background is being output
in the foreground and obliterating text.

Surely it's about time Adobe got CMYK working properly? It's been in use in the
printing industry since more or less the dawn of computer typesetting.

--
Steve