The view size is saved with each file. If you change the view size it's considered a change to the file, and the Save button becomes active so that you can save the change. Since that's the way FM works, I don't see how there could be any option for a default view (unless you mean the default view size for a new document).

You could change the view size of all files in a book at once by selecting all the files in the book window and then selecting View>Zoom>100%. This changes the view size of all files, even if they are closed. It took me a long time to figure this out. This is a big time saver.

--
Shmuel Wolfson
Technical Writer