Carol, I haven't played with this, but in pre-7 versions, the file
name field could contain an asterisc, which FM interpreted by printing
each chapter_file.fm to a chapter_file.pdf. Might see if it still
works that way instead of typing in a file name.

Art

On 10/31/06, Carol Wade <Carol.Wade at healthlanguage.com> wrote:
> I have identified the problem I was having with links not working among
> separate PDFs. The problem resulted from generating the PDFs from a
> FrameMaker book file. I must not understand the Print dialog box option
> "Save Book as...  Separate File for each document." Although this does
> create separate PDFs, the links all reference the filename entered in
> the box "Print to File." Obviously then the links are then broken.
>

> Can anyone explain to me what I am misunderstanding or tell me how to
> make this work?

Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com
                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358