I originally posted this to the FrameMaker for OS X group, but I have now refined the problem description after a few hours frustrating work...
FrameMaker 7.0 for Mac, AdobePS driver 8.8.0(301), PDF PPD, Acrobat 6 Pro Distiller settings, custom, Press default plus leave color unchanged, no image compression One Pantone spot plus grayscale, job must print as 2-color process. Preflighting in Acrobat Pro 6 indicates the presence of phantom RGB objects on top edge of page. These are invisible and cannot be selected with object touch-up tool, but are highlighted by double-clicking in preflight window. If I start with a completely blank document that contains one character, preflighting indicates no phantom RGB objects. If I define Pantone 652 CVU as a spot color, set color view to show that and black, with white as cutout, and apply the color to the single character in the document, the PDF then indicates a phantom RGB object on the top page edge when preflighted in Acrobat 6 Pro and indicates the need for five plates. This is crazy: what is going on? If you're out there today, Dov, I'd really appreciate your insight on this - or anyone else with color experience in FrameMaker. -- Steve
