Mollye, Check your character styles. And triple check the x-ref styles in both docs.
Not exactly the same issue but i did have some character style mismatch one time which caused my x-refs to format badly. Outside of that I'd be happy to look at the files to help you fix it. (megmiranda at yahoo.com) -meg ----- Original Message ---- Message: 3 Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:39:10 -0600 (CST) From: "Mollye Barrett" <[email protected]> Subject: Re: cross references in text insets To: "Paul Wilbraham" <paulw at aztex.co.uk> Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com Message-ID: <38968.67.52.221.170.1204569550.squirrel at www.itobin.com> Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1 Paul, My results are different/vary (ugh)... - When I double-click and select Update, the x-refs completely disappear. - When I double-click, go to Settings and select Retain Source's Formatting, the x-refs reappear. - Then, when I double-click, select Update, the x-refs persist. I need a bullet-proof way to update the insets globally with formatting from the container doc. Thanks for the thoughts though! Mollye ____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
