This was reported a couple weeks ago on this and several other FM
sites, just after XP SP3 was released (it includes OLE "fixes)."

Uninstalling SP3 re-enables OLE linking and makes the error messages
go away; keeping it installed keeps it broken. I haven't heard of any
work arounds or that the Microsoft fix is actually broken.

If I were you, I'd print to a PDF from Visio or SaveAs a graphic
format from Visio and import the resulting file as a referenced file
rather than as an object.

Art
.

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com