OK, maybe I'm not crazy.  I'm completely missing something, or maybe this is a
Frame 9 bug.

I have several cross-references in my document that reference paragraphs (e.g.,
chapter titles, headings). These paragraphs contain variables that are set in
small caps.

When I apply the cross-reference, it's fine. Everything is formatted correctly.

When I generate/update the book, the words that are supposed to be in small
caps are no longer in small caps.

I find the references that are supposed to have small caps and re-apply the
cross-reference. All is fine....until I generate the book again. I can watch
the font change as soon as I click the generate icon. Right in front of my
eyes.

Ideas? Any way to make this stop? It's terribly annoying, especially during the
endgame. My deadline is tomorrow.

Jenny