Hi. I'm using FrameMaker 7.1 in XP with SP3.

My Index is showing page numbers like this: 4-xiii.

The xiii is correct -- the page is from the Preface and is the 13th page of the
front matter. The front matter is numbered with lc roman numerals. The page in
question has the plain number xiii in the footer.

The 4 presumably comes from the fact that the Preface is the 4th document in
the book, even though of course it has no official chapter number. The
paragraph format I use for the title "Preface" is called TitleNoNum, and
numbering is turned off.

So where is the 4- being picked up? How do I kill it?

Thanks!

--Nancy