At 09:39 AM 17/03/2011, Jerilynne \"MamaRed\" Knight wrote:
>Hey there Helen
>
>Did you want the specific ROW to indicate continued or the table itself? If
>the table itself, this approach will work. You insert the variable on the
>title row on the first page.

That is what I wanted but it seems there's not a way to do it.  My table
template doesn't have a "title row".  It has a table caption and then goes
right into the table, 2 cols with a column heading for each.  It is breaking
correctly, insofar as it observes the 2-orphan rule and also dups the headings
on the second sheet.  Just doesn't seem to be a way to put a conditional
"extraneous" row there.

>If you want something right after the row, I don't know of an automated
>way...just the brute force way.

I want to avoid brute force, as I have a number of very long tables of the
glossary form, i.e., enumerations of class members, just an identifier and a
description and I want them to be consistent.

Thanks!
Helen