From: Fred Ridder <docu...@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Extracting art from Word docs
To: mkrupp128 at yahoo.com, framers at lists.frameusers.com
Date: Monday, March 28, 2011, 6:03 PM

Marguerite Krupp wrote:

>Does the technique of changing the file extension to .zip require
>that the graphics be imported by reference, so they exist as separate
>files when unpacked?

First, note that it is *not* necessary to change the filename extension. All
that is necessary is to open it with a tool like WinZip that looks past the
extension to see what's inside the file itself.
?
Second, the word/media folder you will find inside the Word file will contain a
graphic object for every graphic in the document whether it was pasted,
inserted by reference, or embedded as an editable object. Graphics that are in
a vector format (WMF, Visio objects, etc.) are in the word/media folder as .emf
or .wmf objects, and raster graphics?seem to be in .png format. I was just
working on a document that had a mixture of pasted vector figures, pasted
raster images, and embedded Visio drawing objects, and all of them were present
in the word/media folder.
?
Third, if the graphics were imported by reference you'd already have?spearate
external files for each one, so there seems to be little point in extracting
another copy from the Word document.
?
-Fred Ridder??