Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:08:43 -0800
Subject: Zoom Level Settings in FM 11
From: karendes...@gmail.com
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I just noticed that I cannot set
custom zoom levels in FM 11. Why was the functionality of the old dialog box
(or whatever it was called) removed? And no, I don't mean typing into the
percentage/drop-down box--you know, the one that doesn't even look like an
entry field until it is rolled over or clicked in. If I had to type the size
every time I needed to change zoom level, I'd have the slowest workflow on the
planet.

Seriously, are users expected to modify an .ini file just to set zoom-level
settings? (I understand from Shmuel's tip on Rocky Mountain Training's blog
that it's maker.ini line 95.) Most technical writers/editors are not
programmers and are neither comfortable nor familiar with modifying application
files this way. Seems dangerous for workgroups. Isn't that what user interfaces
are for?

--Karen