At 03:51 AM 2/3/2016, John Sgammato wrote:
FrameMaker's current Save as RTF feature is much improved. My SMEs find it
perfectly acceptable.

One of the "undocumented features" of Frame--SaveAs RTF is that any text that is marked with change bars is colored green in the resulting RTF file. One of my clients hated change bars (which are mandatory for his company's controlled documentation) and really appreciates being able to see exactly what text (in green) was changed.

I discovered this because I had been using Acrobat-SaveAsWord but for some still-not-understood reason, the conversion started mangling the autonum sequences. For example in Frame a series would be 1.0, 1.1, 1.1.1 but when printed to Acrobat and then saved as Word, the sequence was changed to 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.1.1, totally ignoring the anchoring 1.0 level. I use an ancient Word 2003 version and I've wondered if that could be part of the problem, but at any rate, when I stopped using Acrobat-Word and went back to Frame-RTF, the discovery of the green text instead of change bars was a happy serindipity.

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable
Phone: 719-948-3773
mailto:celk...@awrittenword.com