when we use the term "structure/DITA", don't we give the impression that structured authoring is DITA? That you can't have one without the other? And that's just not true. My experience is that you can easily (well, relatively easily) implement structured authoring in a tool like FrameMaker, without the overhead of a full-blown DITA implementation.

Yes!! That is exactly what my presentation is about: how to implement/adopt some of the good things from structured authoring "and/or" DITA when you're using other (unstructured) tools.

So perhaps a different title would better convey the focus of the presentation?

-Monique