FrameMaker > Flare > Word is the cleanest route I found.

Here's a mif2rtf.ini I used for FM10 to Word, paths and file names
would need to match your environment. This file is in the output
directory, which in my case was <path to FrameMaker Source>\Word.

[Options]
Output=Standard
EqVertAdjust=18

[Setup]
;ConfigTemplate=D:/path/to/YourTemplate.ini
UseExistingMIF=No
DeleteMIF=Yes
ConversionDesigner=No
WordSuffix=.rtf
ApplyTemplateFile=No
ConvertVariables=Yes
GenerateBook=No
UseFrameTOC=No
UseFrameIX=No
UseFrameGenFiles=No
WriteEquations=Yes
WriteAllGraphics=No
WriteRefPageGraphics=Yes
WriteMasterPageGraphics=Yes
UseGraphicFileID=Yes
GraphicNameDigits=6
GraphicExportDPI=96
EquationExportDPI=120
EquationFrameExpand=125
GraphicExportFormat=WMF
PrjFileName=C:\<path to FrameMaker source>\<book name>.prj
IDFileName=C:\<path to FrameMaker source>\mif2go.ini
PluginVersion=b112
UseExistingDCL=No

[Automation]
WrapAndShip=No
WrapPath=.\wrap
ShipPath=.\wrap

[Fonts]
Times=Times New Roman
Helvetica=Arial
Courier=Courier New
HelveticaNarrow=Arial Narrow
Helvetica-Narrow=Arial Narrow
Century Schoolbook=NewCenturySchlbk
Common Bullets=CommonBullets

[Defaults]

[Graphics]
UseGraphicPreviews=No
GrVertAdjust=8

[GraphFiles]

[GraphExport]
ImportGraphics=Normal
ExportNameChars=4
ExportNumDigits=4

[WordOptions]
Word8=Yes
WordPerfect=No
HeadFoot=None
HFFramed=No
Sideheads=Left
ExtXrefPages=No
Quotes=Help

[WordSectionFiles]

[WordCntStyles]
paragraph=1

[MacroVariables]
; Put any macro definition sections before this section.

[Setup]
PluginVersion=b111l
WriteEquations=Yes
WriteAllGraphics=No